Home > Services > Men’s Health

Enlarged Prostate

Enlarged Prostate

Many men with enlarged prostates show a significant amount of symptoms, such as getting up at night, having to push, and a weak stream.

When initially visiting Dr. Lacefield, one of the first steps at the office may be to use a camera for 20 seconds during the initial exam. Doing this will determine the size and anatomy of the prostate, along with any damage the bladder has suffered. If it has, the second step would be to determine if the symptoms are bad enough to necessitate enlarged prostate treatment. This may include medication or an enlarged prostate procedure.

For about 85% of men, Urolift is the correct procedure. For the remaining 15% of men, options may include a TURP to trim out the inside of the prostate or a more invasive surgery if the prostate is large enough.

Regardless of what is needed, Dr. Lacefield is here to help you every step of the way.